Childcare Program Director
Company Overview and Educational Programs
Tobin Beaudet Schools: Nurturing, Educating and Empowering Children
Our program provides young children with a nurturing environment and capable teachers to help them become successful learners. Our program is licensed by the state of Massachusetts, and we are accredited by the Council on Accreditation.
The Program Director is responsible for attracting talent, hiring and developing teachers for our Junior Kindergarten, Half Day Kindergarten, Before School, Afterschool and Summer programs. This person will encourage, empower, trust, inspire, teach, have confidence in and value each member of our team. Creating a team that thrives on feedback,is reflective and aspires to offer the best quality care for our children and families. This person makes decisions based on sound developmental knowledge and continues learning best practices of the early childhood field. The Program Director is responsible for creating a safe, positive, nurturing and engaging environment. The program director seeks to understand parents’ changing needs and potential changes in the environment that would impact the success of the school. This person is responsible for ongoing communication with families, offers tours, enrolls new families and manages the tuition and billing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and nurture the culture described in the position overview.
- Establish school wide open communication. Consult with teachers regarding daily schedule, individual children and parent needs.
- Communicate program information to new families; schedule and meet with parents as necessary; plan and participate in parent functions and encourage parent involvement.
- Communicate and plan with the Executive Director on a regular basis, keeping them informed of all activity within the school relating to general business, children, faculty and parents.
- Maintain Paychex online teacher sign in/out system, tracking sick, vacation and professional time; distribute paychecks, complete monthly reports and ensure tuition invoices and receipts are sent to families and kept up to date.
- Ensure the appropriate implementation of curriculum, and help coordinate field trips, specialists, special visitors, and optional class offerings.
- Process and format data using Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and other software.
- Email families using Constant Contact and update distribution lists.
- Enroll for upcoming school year and summer programs in advance using our school-wide enrollment calendar; forecast changes in enrollment.
- Maintain facilities, inventory, equipment and supplies as required. Oversee safe operations to include sanitary bathrooms, kitchens and classrooms; post evacuation plan in each classroom; arrange for repairs as required.
- Perform teacher responsibilities when needed.
- Participate in required training programs, conferences, courses or other aspects of professional growth.
- Schedule and conduct regular faculty meetings.
- Maintain Department of Early Education and Care compliance; report to the Executive Director any potential non-compliances in a timely way. Meet with the Department of Early Education and Care licensor as needed.
- Perform human resources functions, such as recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supervising, disciplining and terminating employees; maintain appropriate teacher files; coordinate faculty meetings; encourage all employees to participate in courses, seminars, conferences, and professional development experiences.
- Serve as a mandated reporter, reporting any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the Directors for follow-through.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Director 1 EEC Certified
- Highly proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with or ability to learn Constant Contact
- At least one year experience as Assistant Director
- Extremely detailed and accuracy-oriented
- Exceptional work ethic
- Ability to create a warm, welcoming and positive culture
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others, collaborate and remain calm under pressure
- Team-oriented player with a positive attitude and ability to work independently
- Flexibility and willingness to assist teachers when needed
- Comfortable receiving direction and providing others with direction
- Warm, engaging personality with a focus on quality care for children
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries, a 401K Plan plus matching program, bonuses, and a comprehensive training program. In addition, we provide our teachers with the opportunity to work as part of a Director leadership team, comprised of about ten leaders
in the early childhood field, along with personalized executive coaching. To learn more about Tobin Beaudet Schools, check us out online: www.tobinbeaudet.com.
This is a full-time salaried position. The salary range: $55,000 – $65,000, commensurate with expertise and experience.
Additional benefits include: health/dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, 12 days paid time off, professional development opportunities.
If you would like to join our team, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; individual may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Tobin Beaudet Schools.