After School for Grades K – 2
Open until 6:30 pm Monday through Friday. We provide transportation from Broadmeadow, Eliot, Mitchell, Hillside and the Newman Elementary Schools.
- Geared toward working parents: We’ve got you covered: we are open not only on school days, but also on snow days, early release days, professional days, and during school vacations.
- Safe, nurturing, enriching environment: Your children’s well-being is our top priority. On schooldays, your children will always have a safe ride from school to Tobin Beaudet. Once at Tobin Beaudet, your children will be in the caring hands of our after school teachers, who will get them settled in and provide a nutritious snack. On early release days, we will have a pizza lunch with milk and fruit available.
- Flexible Scheduling:
You can sign your child up for a one, two, three, four or five day program.
- Activities: Your children have options for how they spend their after school time with us. Our teachers offer a variety of enrichment activities. We think it’s important to expose your kids to what they like as well as things that are new:
- Music and Theater
- Animal Science
- Spanish and Mandarin
- Cooking and Gardening
- Track and Sports
- Arts & Crafts
For those kids looking for downtime, we have a living room where they can relax and read or draw, and an area for them to do homework.
- More Activity Options: We’ve also tried to lighten up your weekend schedule by offering these extras during the week:
- Golf Lessons
- Swimming Lessons
- Kung Fu
- Ice Skating Lessons
Our After School teachers always accompany the children during their lessons. There is an additional fee for these extra activities.
- Community Service: Our families have told us how much they value community service and what a positive influence it has on their children. We couldn’t agree more. We know that helping others fosters empathy, and just generally makes you feel good about yourself! That’s why we reach out to community organizations and sponsor family Saturdays throughout the year. These are projects that give you the opportunity to work with your children and our staff at Tobin Beaudet for a good cause.
- Supporting worthwhile causes: We have featured events supporting Alex’s Lemonade Stand for Childhood Cancer, as well as our well-received Stay Late Night for Dana Farber. Your children can also help organize “Our Annual Family Volunteer Fair”, choosing the charities to support and helping set up booths and fundraising activities to support the charities of their choice.
- Briarwood Rehabilitation: Children at Tobin Beaudet also have the opportunity a few times a year to visit patients at Briarwood Rehab, which is within walking distance of our school. Our children like to stop in, do art projects with patients, or simply spread some smiles and good cheer.