Summer Program Coordinator (Junior K – 3rd Grade)
Tobin Beaudet Schools, School Street
72 School Street, Needham, MA
Company Overview and Educational Programs
Tobin Beaudet Schools: Nurturing, Educating and Empowering Children
Our program provides young children with a nurturing environment and capable teachers to help them become successful learners. Our program is licensed by the state of Massachusetts, and we are accredited by the Council on Accreditation.
The Summer Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the daily operations of our summer program for Junior Kindergarten through third grade students. This person will encourage, empower, trust, inspire, teach, have confidence in and value each member of our team. With the goal of creating a team that thrives on feedback, the Program Coordinator is reflective and aspires to offer the best quality care for our children and families. This person makes decisions based on sound developmental knowledge and continues learning best practices of the early childhood field. The Summer Program Coordinator is responsible for creating a safe, positive, nurturing and engaging environment. The Program Coordinator seeks to understand and meet the daily expectations of families. This person is responsible for ongoing communication with families, teachers and the Program Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and nurture the culture described in the position overview.
- Establish school wide open communication. Consult with teachers regarding dailyschedule, individual children and parent needs.
- Communicate and plan with the Director on a regular basis, keeping them informed ofall activity within the school relating to general business, children, faculty and parents.
- Maintain accurate records of daily attendance and enrollment and communicatesinformation to all staff.
- Meet weekly with the Director to coordinate staffing, enrollment updates and activitiesplanning.
- Maintain up-to-date parent information board, as well as up to date postingsthroughout the school for students and families.
- Ensure and maintain proper teacher-to-student ratios, not including the ProgramCoordinator.
- Ensure a clean, tidy and organized appearance throughout the day.
- Onsite Monday through Friday, overseeing the daily opening procedures includingpreparations for the day and parent communication.
- Confirm, coordinate and supervise all field trips, specialists and special visitors.
- Confirm all summer busses.
- Process and format data using Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and other software.
- Email families using Constant Contact and update distribution lists.
- Send “The Week Ahead” Email every Friday to families.
- Maintain facilities, inventory, equipment and supplies as required. Oversee safe operations to include sanitary bathrooms, kitchens and classrooms.
- Perform teacher responsibilities when needed.
- Daily check in with the Director.
- Serve as a mandated reporter, reporting any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the Director for follow-through.Requirements
- Maintain Department of Early Education and Care compliance; report to the Director any potential non-compliances in a timely way.
- Support in the on boarding of new staff.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- EEC Teacher Certified or working towards certification
- Highly proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with or ability to learn Constant Contact
- At least one year of experience working in an EEC licensed program or camp program
- Extremely detailed and accuracy-oriented
- Exceptional work ethic
- Ability to create a warm, welcoming and positive culture
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others, collaborate and remain calm under pressure
- Team-oriented player with a positive attitude and ability to work independently
- Flexibility and willingness to assist teachers when needed
- Comfortable receiving direction and providing others with direction
- Warm, engaging personality with a focus on quality care for children
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries. To learn more about Tobin Beaudet Schools, check us out online: www.tobinbeaudet.com. Additional benefits include: health/dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, 12 days paid time off, professional development opportunities.
If you would like to join our team, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; individual may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Tobin Beaudet Schools.