Afterschool Group Leader
Tobin Beaudet provides educational Preschool and Junior Kindergarten programs for children, as well as Before School (grades K – 5) and After School (grades K – 8), in two different locations in Needham, MA. Our programming is geared toward working families who are looking for a strong academic program that is also nurturing and empowering for their children. Our philosophy recognizes that at different stages and ages children face developmental needs and challenges. Our approach to social and emotional learning is all about meeting children’s needs where they are at the time. Our program is licensed by the state of Massachusetts, and we are accredited by the Council on Accreditation.
Description and Hours
The ideal Group Leader at Tobin Beaudet will be an effective communicator, who works well as part of a teaching team and is passionate about children and learning. Here are some details about the position and working environment:
- Part-time position, 25-30 hours/week
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 1:30 – 6:30 pm
- Fast-paced environment, where quick decisions are necessary and multiple projects need to be juggled
- Supportive teaching team with nurturing educational style
- Work on variety of activities with children (indoors/outdoors, stationary/physical, playful/serious, structured/unstructured)
- Socially-focused environment, requires “how can I help you?” attitude
- Decision-making: adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important
- Team attitude: leader must be willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary
- Maintain and value the professional culture; ensure a developmentally appropriate understanding of school aged children.
- Contribute to the established school wide open communication. Consult with your team regarding daily schedule, individual children and parent needs.
- Ensure families feel welcome and well oriented to the program when dropping off or picking up their child.
- Communicate with your team on a regular basis, keeping them informed of all activity within the school relating to general business, children, faculty and parents.
- Report facility, inventory, equipment and supply needs as required. Assist in the safe operations to include sanitary bathrooms, kitchens and classrooms; follow posted evacuation plan in each classroom.
- Participate in required training programs, conferences, courses or other aspects of professional growth.
- Attend regular faculty meetings.
- Maintain Department of Early Education and Care compliance, COA, and QRIS; report to the Executive Director any potential non-compliances in a timely way.
- Serve as a mandated reporter, reporting any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the Directors for follow-through.
- High School Diploma, Undergraduate degree preferred
- At least one year of experience working with school age children
- Extremely detailed and accuracy-oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to create a warm, welcoming and positive culture
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others, collaborate and remain calm under pressure
- Team-oriented player with a positive attitude and ability to work independently
- Flexibility and willingness to assist teachers when needed
- Comfortable receiving direction
- Warm, engaging personality with a focus on quality care for children
- Highly proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
Compensation and Benefits
Part-time position. Hourly rate is $14- $17 and commensurate with expertise and experience.
Additional benefits include:
- Health/dental insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan
- 12 holidays paid
- Professional development opportunities
Interested in Joining Our Team?